Friday, January 13, 2017

The Front Page


On a whim, we decided to check out the Front Page on broadway. I had passed the theater a million times because of work, and seen the names on the marquee, so I knew they were relying on good writing and star power. I convinced Aaron to purchase some tickets via TKTS, and we were given great seats right on the aisle in the orchestra. 
 The whole cast was very tight, but I found the female roles to be lacking in dimension. The men were seen as funny, and in control, while the women were so flat that I was happy when they exited, which is sad because I usually love Sherie Rene Scott. Nathan Lane of course was the main pull for me. I've now seen him in multiple productions and he never ceases to amaze me. We were disappointed that John Goodman had called out that night. Oh well.
We had great seats right on the aisle and I couldn't have asked for a better night of live straight theater.


No comments:

Post a Comment